First of all, thank you very much for volunteering to read The Sixth Man ahead of publication and agreeing to review it. In case you haven’t done this before, below are a few pointers.
- Download the book in your preferred format from the Instafreebie link: https://www.instafreebie.com/free/rSeLG. Tick mobi file for Kindle or the epub file for all other ereaders. The password is thesixthman (all lower case). No need to tick the box about the author contacting you (I already do!).
- Read the book and write a review. It doesn’t have to be long or elaborate. A couple of sentences will suffice. It’s entirely up to you. Don’t forget the star rating.
- I’m planning on releasing The Sixth Man on 12 April. For the first few days, it’ll be priced at 99c / 99p, etc.
- Now, if you can spare the dollar, pound, etc, I shall ask you to purchase a copy before posting your review. The reason being is that your review will then show up as a “verified” review, which, on Amazon, at least, is worth a lot more than a non-verified review. And also because verified reviews are less like to be stripped out by Amazon. It does happen. Amazon ensures that the non-verified ones are more difficult to see.
- If you don’t want to buy the book, which is fair enough, then still please post your review. A non-verified review is better than no review. If you read it for free, you can add the sentence: “I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.” Don’t use the words “in exchange for….” Because Amazon are likely to remove those reviews.
- On 12 April, I’ll drop you an email with links so you can post your review to your preferred store: Amazon, Nook, Kobo, Apple, etc. (and, hopefully, Google Books). Plus, if you have an account, GoodReads. If I could ask you to post the review within the first week, that’d be grand.
- For non-US Amazon users – you can add the review to both your local store, ie Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com. If you can be bothered.
Any questions – do ask. I hope you enjoy the book; it’s not overly long – about 170 pages. I plan to have a paperback edition ready for 12 April, and, hopefully, soon after an audio version.
Thanks again for being part of my ‘advanced team’.